These carrot bars have a secret ingredient: zucchini! Zucchini helps keep the bars soft and moist. Kids won’t mind eating vegetables once they try these carrot bars.
Carrot Bars Recipe
Carrot Bars Ingredients
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Small eggs
- 1 Cup carrots peeled and grated
- 1/2 Cup zucchini grated
- 1/4 Cup cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon Butter at room temperature
- 3/4 Cup confectioners sugar plus extra, to dust
- 1/8 Cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8x5- inch baking pan with parchment.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix sugar, oil, and vanilla in another bowl. Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture and mix just until combined.
- Fold in carrots and zucchini.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool before slicing into squares.
- Make the frosting: Mix cream cheese and butter until combined. Add sugar and cocoa; mix until smooth. Spread on top of bars. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.