This is a great side dish for roast chicken or pork chops.
Carrot, Bean and Onion Medley Recipe
Carrot, Bean and Onion Medley Ingredients
- 1/2 kilo Baguio beans (abitsuelas)
- 4 medium carrot
- 1 large red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Table Spoon Butter
- 1/4 Cup water
- Wash the beans thoroughly. Cut off the tips and pull off the stringy part from the sides. Cut beans diagonally into two-inch-long pieces.
- Peel carrots and cut into rounds, about 1?4-inch thick.
- Slice the onions into large rings.
- In a pan, heat olive oil. Add carrots and sauté for 6 minutes or until tender. Add onions. Add beans and stir. Add 1?4 cup water. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add butter and stir. Season with salt and pepper and cook for another couple of minutes. TIP: For crunch and added flavor, throw in some crispy bacon bits.