If there is one gelatin dessert that have many Pinoys feeling nostalgic enough to eat again, it’s this stunning treat! This cathedral windows recipe is a completely different gelatin ensemble from the commercial ones.
How do you make cathedral windows dessert?
Try this cathedral window recipe and you’re sure to make this dessert at every chance you get. It’s a great dessert for parties and get-togethers.
Cathedral Windows Recipe
Cathedral Windows Ingredients
- 5 sachets gelatin powder in different flavors
- 4 eggs yolks only
- 1 Cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Make the flavored powder gelatins by following packet directions. When ready, pour each color/flavor into its own square container and refrigerate overnight.
- When the gelatin has set, cut each color/flavor into cubes 1 1/2-inch by 1 1/2 -inch. In a big bowl, toss together all the cubes. Refrigerate to set.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until they appear lemon yellow in color.
- In another bowl, dissolve the unflavored gelatin in water. Add this into the egg yolk mixture while continuously beating with the whisk. When well blended, pour into a heavy pot and cook over low flame until it thickens and coats the spoon. Set aside.
- Beat the whipped cream. Pour the heated gelatin-egg mixture (while still hot) into the whipping cream and continue beating. Once blended, fold this into the chilled gelatin squares. Pour into desired containers. Keep in the refrigerator until set.
• Plastic containers specifically made to hold gelatin are now available in department stores, if you are not used to using silicone molds yet.
• Another alternative: springform pans used to bake cheesecake—do line the sides with ladyfingers before pouring in the gelatin mixture for a more sophisticated look.