Counting calories? Here’s a healthier take on classic carbonara. Skip the rich cream and go for puréed cauliflower instead.
Cauliflower and Mushroom Carbonara Recipe
Cauliflower and Mushroom Carbonara Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup bacon chopped
- 100 Grams fresh button mushrooms sliced
- 1 (200-gram) cauliflower cut into florets
- 120 Grams spaghetti noodles
- 100 Grams cottage cheese
- 2 large Egg beaten
- fresh parsley
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crispy. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Boil cauliflower florets in pot of water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside 1/4 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Combine cauliflower and cottage cheese in a blender. Purée until smooth. Season with pepper.
- Heat cauliflower mixture in a pot over low heat. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat. Add pasta and reserved pasta water. Mix to combine. Add eggs and toss to combine. (The residual heat of the pasta will cook the eggs, making the sauce thick.)
- Divide pasta among serving bowls. Top with bacon and mushrooms. Garnish with parsley.