Here’s an easy prawn recipe to recreate the Singaporean favorite at home.
Spicy Cereal Prawns Recipe
Spicy Cereal Prawns Ingredients
- 3/4 Cup cornflakes crushed lightly
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 400 Grams Prawns (Sugpo) deveined
- 6 curry leaves divided
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Egg (yolks only), chopped roughly
- 2 green finger chili (siling pangsigang) sliced
- 2 red chili pepper (siling labuyo)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Make the cereal mix: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add prawns and 3 curry leaves. Cook until prawns are cooked halfway through. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pan. Add salted-egg yolks, cereal mix, chilies, salt, pepper, and remaining curry leaves. Stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add prawns and stir-fry for another 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.