Who doesn’t love crispy chicken rolls with a gooey surprise center? Serving chicken with a rich sauce and buttered brown rice makes it even more comforting. Try this chicken recipe this weekend!
Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Rolls Recipe
Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Rolls Ingredients
- 4 sticks mozzarella cheese 2 1/2-inch-long, 1/2-inch thick
- 4 fillets Chicken (use breast part), skinless, pounded until 1/4 inch thick
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 large Egg beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs (Panko)
- vegetable oil to deep-fry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Garlic chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons basil pesto store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 Cup whipping cream
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Butter unsalted
- 4 cups brown rice cooked and cooled
- Make the chicken rolls: Place a mozzarella stick on the center of a chicken fillet. Roll tightly and seal center and edges with toothpicks. Repeat with remaining fillets.
- Place flour in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Place eggs in another bowl and breadcrumbs on a plate. Dredge chicken rolls in flour, dip in egg, then coat with breadcrumbs. Refrigerate until ready to use, at least 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Sauté garlic until soft. Add pesto and cream. Simmer until slightly thick. Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Melt butter in another pan. Add brown rice and toss to coat well. Season with salt. Set aside.
- Heat 2 inches vegetable oil in a shallow nonstick pan to about 325°F. Fry rolls until golden, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Divide buttered rice among plates. Top with chicken rolls and pesto cream.