Pumpkins are delicious in cheesecakes, too. It brings a subtle sweetness and creaminess to any dessert! This recipe has nuts which add a nice crunch to the crust plus smooth salted caramel which contrasts nicely with the strong flavors of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Ingredients
- 1 Cup graham crackers crumbs
- 1/2 Cup pecans toasted
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 bars cream cheese
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 3 pieces Egg
- 3/4 Cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup fresh or canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Store-Bought Salted Caramel Sauce for topping
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Make the graham-pecan crust: mix all ingredients in a bowl. Press onto the bottom of a 9-inch square-baking pan. Smoothen with the back of a spoon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until no lumps are left. add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed. Slowly add sour cream and vanilla; mix until combined. Divide mixture in half.
- Mix pumpkin puree, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add to one portion of the cream-cheese mixture.
- Pour pumpkin-cream cheese mixture into the prepared pan. Top with the second portion of cream cheese to make another layer. Top with toasted pecans.
- Place pan in the center of a larger baking pan. Pour boiling water into the larger pan until halfway up the smaller pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the sides are set and center is slightly firm.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack before chilling. Slice into bars, if desired, and drizzle with salted caramel sauce.