Cheese Balls Palitaw Recipe
It's a Filipino dessert with a twist!
Cheese Balls Palitaw Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup sesame seeds
- 3 cups glutinous rice flour
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon pandan flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon ube flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- quick-melt cheese for filling
- 1/4 Cup white sugar for topping
- 1 Cup shredded coconut for topping
- Toast the sesame seeds in a pan over medium-low heat. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the glutinous rice flour and water. Mix well. Divide into 3 parts. Mix in pandan flavoring in one part and ube flavoring in the other part. Damp your hands with water to form round shapes or according to your choice of shapes. Place some cheese inside the dough and seal closed.
- Boil about 5 cups water in a cooking pot. Add salt. Put the formed glutinous rice dough in the boiling water. Once it floats, use a strainer to remove the dough from the water and drain the excess water.
- Coat with shredded coconut, sugar, and toasted sesame seeds. Serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW