The great thing about adobo is that it lasts for a long time. You can turn leftover adobo into almost anything. How about Mexican-inspired fajitas for a change?
Chicken Adobo Fajita Recipe
Chicken Adobo Fajita Ingredients
- 2 8-inch Flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 cups chicken adobo leftover meat and sauce
- 1/2 Cup red onions sliced
- 1 Cup bell peppers sliced
- cilantro for garnish
- Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with olive oil. Heat a dry pan over medium heat. Lightly toast tortillas on both sides for a few seconds.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Reheat chicken adobo and sauce.Set chicken aside.
- In the same pan, sauté onions for 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent. Season with salt and pepper. Set onions aside.
- In the same pan, sauté bell peppers for 3 minutes or until tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place tortillas in containers. Top with chicken, onions, bell peppers, and cilantro.