A classic chicken adobo recipe gets extra delicious when you add potatoes. That’s because the potatoes absorb the super flavorful sauce. Since it’s chunky, you just made an already satisfying meal into a super filling meal!
Chicken Adobo with Potatoes Recipe
Chicken Adobo with Potatoes Ingredients
- 2 pieces chicken wings
- 2 pieces chicken thighs
- 2 pieces chicken legs
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3-4 pieces laurel leaves
- 8 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 medium Potatoes peeled, quartered
- 1/4 Cup water
- 2 tablespoons fried garlic to serve
- 3/4 Cup Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Put chicken pieces in a bowl and add soy sauce, vinegar, unsweetened pineapple juice, laurel leaves, half of the crushed garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and whole peppercorns. Mix well, cover, and marinate for at least 30 minutes. (Overnight marination is recommended).
- In the meantime, peel and slice the potatoes into quarters. Fry the potatoes in oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Brown the remaining garlic in the same pan. Set aside.
- Transfer the chicken pieces and marinade to a deep pan and cook over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add the fried potatoes. Cook for 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with fried garlic and serve while hot.