This quick and easy chicken meal makes use of leftover chicken and pantry staples. Toss in beans and vegetables for good measure!
Chicken and Bean Saute Recipe
Chicken and Bean Saute Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 Small red onion peeled, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled, chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 400-gram can cannellini or any white bean
- 2 tablespoons black beans shredded
- 1 bunch kangkong leaves (morning glory/water spinach) roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, then garlic, and finally, tomatoes, cooking each until softened.
- Add beans, chicken, and kangkong. Cook until heated through. Season with vinegar, cumin, and salt and ground black pepper to taste. Serve while hot. Recipe originally published in the August 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.