This Pinoy adobo dish is a classic: chicken and pork is simmered in a soy sauce-vinegar mixture resulting in a medley of savory flavors.
Chicken and Pork Adobo Recipe
Chicken and Pork Adobo Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/2 kilo chicken legs about 8 pieces
- 1/2 kilo Pork belly cubed
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 1/4 Cup white vinegar
- 2 laurel leaves
- 1 1/2 Cup water
- 1 head Garlic cloves separated
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a pressure cooker over medium heat, heat oil. Add and brown chicken and pork pieces in batches.
- Return all the meat, including any juices, back into the pot. Add remaining ingredients. Increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Cover and lock lid, lowering heat to low. Simmer 30 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Release pressure before unlocking and removing lid. Simmer sauce until thickened. Serve with steamed rice. Recipe originally published in the April 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.