Cooking paella may seem intimidating, but with our simplified version, it’s as easy as turning on your rice cooker!
Chicken and Seafood Paella
- 4 to 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 piece Spanish Chorizo sliced
- 1/2 Cup Chicken (use fillet), seasoned with salt and smoked paprika
- 6 pieces mussels cleaned and beards removed
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- Salt to season
- pinch of saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika (pimenton dulce)
- 2 cups Japanese rice
- 1/2 Cup canned tomatoes diced and drained
- 1/4 Cup green peas
- 1/2 Cup green bell pepper diced
- 5 pieces Shrimp peeled
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges
- Heat oil on a large wok. Stir-fry chorizo until golden brown; set aside. In the same pan, fry chicken until golden brown; set aside.
- In the same wok, add mussels and 1 cups water; cover and simmer. Once mussels open, remove from the cooking liquid and set aside.
- Pour cooking liquid into a glass measuring cup. Add enough water to reach 3 cups. Season with salt, saffron, and paprika.
- In the rice cooker, mix together chorizo, chicken, rice, cooking liquid, diced tomatoes, peas and bell peppers. Turn the rice cooker on.
- After 15 minutes, add shrimp. Once the rice cooker switches to the warm setting, it s done. Top with cooked mussels and serve with lemon wedges.