Fresh tomatoes and red bell peppers add texture and flavors to this hearty and filling chicken stew.
Chicken Asado with Tomatoes Recipe
Chicken Asado with Tomatoes Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 kilo Chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 Cup Calamansi Juice
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cup Tomato sauce
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes quartered
- 2 large Potatoes quartered
- 1 medium red bell pepper cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium-sized pan, preheat the oil and cook the chicken until browned on all sides.
- Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the soy sauce and calamansi juice then stir, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, red bell pepper and tomatoes and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.