Here’s the Hawaiian version of good ol’ chicken barbecue. Aside from thighs, you can also use chicken drumsticks and wings, too.
Chicken Barbecue Recipe
Chicken Barbecue Ingredients
- 1 240-ml can unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 800 Grams chicken thigh fillets
- canned pineapple rings drained, to serve
- parsley Chopped, for garnish
- Combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, ginger, and garlic in a bowl. Add chicken and marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a charcoal grill or a grill pan over medium heat. Drain chicken and set marinade aside.
- Grill chicken, basting occasionally with reserved marinade, until cooked and slightly charred, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. Grill pineapple rings until browned, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a platter. Top with grilled pineapple rings. Garnish with parsley and edible flowers, if desired. Serve immediately.