This carbonara may not have cream, but it’s made tastier and meatier with chicken chunks. Make this carbonara on a weekend. The whole gang will love this pasta dish!
Chicken Carbonara Recipe
This carbonara may not have cream, but it’s made tastier and meatier with chicken chunks.
Chicken Carbonara Ingredients
- 200 Grams spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slices bacon chopped
- 1 Cup Chicken leftover, roughly chopped or shredded
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Season with salt. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat oil. Cook bacon until crisp. Stir in chicken and cook until heated through. Turn off the heat.
- Using tongs, transfer cooked pasta into sauté pan. Stir into bacon and chicken mixture. Season lightly with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Beat eggs and cheese in a medium bowl. Pour into sauté pan, and stir until combined with pasta. Use pasta water to thin the mixture. Serve immediately. Missing the cream? Feel free to add 1/2 cup cream to the sauce while tossing. Recipe originally published in the August 2017 issue of Yummy magazine.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW