This chicken dish is a simpler version of the pot pie! A crumble topping turns this no-dough version of a chicken pot pie into a no-fail treat.
Chicken Crumble Recipe
Make a new chicken dish this weekend?
Chicken Crumble Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 Cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 kilos chicken breast fillets skins removed, cubed
- 1 Small red onion sliced
- 1 Cup mixed vegetables thawed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup fresh milk
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Make crumble: Mix oats, Parmesan, flour, oregano, and 1 tsp. salt in a large bowl; press butter into oats mixture. Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season then toss chicken with salt and pepper. In batches, sear chicken cubes. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Saute onion. Add mixed vegetables and tomato paste; cook until heated through. Return chicken to pan; sprinkle in flour. Stir to coat. Stir in milk and 2 cups water; heat until thickened.
- Top chicken with crumble mixture, and place in oven. Broil 15 minutes, or until crumble is browned. Recipe originally published in the April 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW