This quick chicken curry recipe can be a weekday go-to on nights when you need to put food on the table fast. The meal wouldn’t be complete without large spoonfuls of rice to go along with the chicken curry sauce!
Chicken Curry Stir-Fry Recipe
Chicken Curry Stir-Fry Ingredients
- 2/3 Cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 kilo chicken breast fillets sliced into strips
- 1 red onion peeled, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 small head cauliflower florets halved, stem trimmed and cut into strips
- 1 small head broccoli florets halved, stem trimmed and cut into strips
- 1 carrot peeled, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon Calamansi Juice more to serve
- Oil for stir-frying
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Mix sugar into coconut cream until dissolved. Set aside. Season chicken strips with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté onion 1 minute. Stir in curry powder then chicken strips. Toss until cooked through. Add cauliflower, broccoli, and carrot strips, tossing after each addition until heated through. Stir in calamansi juice.
- Pour in coconut cream mixture and toss to coat. Cook until thickened slightly. Serve on top of steamed rice. Recipe originally published in the November 2014 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.