Fajitas refers to grilled meat served in a taco or on tortillas. The twist to this Mexican favorite? It’s served on nachos made from fried camote rounds!
Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Chicken Fajitas Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 3 medium orange sweet potatoes (kamote) peeled, sliced into rounds
- 1 chicken breast fillet chopped into small pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 medium red onion peeled, sliced
- 1 Small red bell pepper seeded, sliced into strips
- 1 Small green bell pepper seeded, sliced into strips
- 1 Small yellow bell pepper seeded, sliced into strips
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick pan over medium heat. Fry camote rounds until tender. Transfer to a cookie sheet. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Season chicken with chili, cumin, paprika, cayenne, and garlic powder. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste. Toss to mix.
- Transfer 2 tablespoons oil used for camote to a wok over high heat. Add chicken. Stir fry until opaque. Add onions and bell peppers, and stir-fry until softened.
- Top camote with chicken mixture. Recipe originally published in the April 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.