Busy bees, turn to this one-pot wonder! This chicken humba recipe all about minimal prepping and letting the slow cooking produce a tender, full-flavored dish.
Chicken Humba Recipe
Chicken Humba Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon Achuete Oil (annatto oil)
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 onion minced
- 1 whole Chicken about 1.2 kilos
- 3/4 Cup cane vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup peanuts crushed
- 2 tablespoons black beans (tausi)
- 4 bay leaf
- 1 to 2 finger chilies (siling pangsigang)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 4 Egg (hardboiled), shells removed
- 1/4 Cup Banana Blossoms (Puso ng saging) soaked in water
- In a pot large enough to fit the whole chicken, heat oil and sauté garlic and onions until fragrant. Add chicken, breast side up, and the rest of the ingredients except eggs and banana blossoms.
- Add enough water to submerge chicken. Cover and cook over low heat until chicken is tender. Halfway through cooking, add hard-boiled eggs.
- When chicken is almost cooked, add banana blossoms and cook for another 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning.