Give your grilled meats new flavors with these Asian-influenced chicken skewers.
Chicken Lemongrass Satay Recipe
Chicken Lemongrass Satay Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup patis (fish sauce)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red chili pepper (siling labuyo) minced
- 3 pieces Lemongrass Bulb (Tanglad) (use heart), sliced crosswise
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 kilo Chicken (use chicken meat), deboned and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 Cup peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 Table Spoon Calamansi Juice
- 1/4 Cup water
- Make the lemongrass marinade by combining fish sauce, brown sugar, minced red chili peppers, lemongrass hearts, and garlic. Mix well.
- Marinate the chicken meat in lemongrass mixture for at least two hours.
- Grill and serve with peanut sauce: Combine peanut butter, soy sauce, red curry paste, dark brown sugar, and calamansi juice in blender. Puree to combine. While blender is running, drizzle in about 1/4 cup hot water to thin out the sauce.