This tomato-based dish is a variation on the popular Filipino dish, pork menudo. This recipe uses chicken, which cooks faster than pork.
Chicken Menudo Recipe
This tomato-based dish is a variation on the popular Filipino dish, pork menudo.
Chicken Menudo Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 Small onion chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 whole Chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 Cup Tomato sauce
- 1 Cup water
- 3 pieces dried bay leaf
- 1/4 kilo pig liver
- 3 medium Potatoes sliced into big chunks
- 1 medium carrot sliced into big chunks
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- Salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
- Add the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in soy sauce, sugar, tomato sauce and water and then add the bay leaves. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Add-in the liver. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put-in potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, then season with salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for 15 minutes more.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Pork Menudo Recipe Posted in: Recipe
CONTINUE READING BELOW