Need a breakfast recipe that’s healthy, filling, and easy to make? Try this chicken omelet recipe. All you have to do is pan-fry chicken breast fillets to make this breakfast omelet hefty. Serve it with a fresh and tangy salsa on the side.
Chicken Omelet Recipe
Use pan-fried chicken breast fillets to make this breakfast omelet more filling.
Chicken Omelet Ingredients
- 1 fillet Chicken Breast
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon basil minced
- 1/4 Cup quick-melting cheese
- 2 tablespoons store-bought tomato salsa
- Flatten chicken breast fillet with a meat mallet until even in thickness. Season with salt and ground black pepper, or to taste.
- Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan over med. heat. Panfry chicken until cooked through. Remove from heat, and let rest. Slice into strips, and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Add basil leaves. Season with salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Pour into hot non-stick pan and, using a spatula, tilt pan while stirring only until eggs are just beginning to set. Fill one side of the omelet with cheese, chicken strips and prepared tomato salsa. Fold omelette in half, and slide to a plate to serve immediately with hot pandesal. Recipe originally published in the September 2014 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW