This dish is classic chicken cordon bleu with a twist: it’s filled with fun pizza flavors! Use mozarella cheese and pepperoni to stuff this chicken.
Chicken Pizza Rolls Recipe
Chicken Pizza Rolls Ingredients
- 4 chicken breast fillets skins removed
- 4 teaspoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 4 strips mozarella cheese cut 1/2-inch thick
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 Cup breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- Prepare chicken: Place a chicken fillet, horizontal to you, on a cutting board. Using one hand, press down on the chicken. Position a sharp knife parallel to the cutting board and halfway up the chicken. Insert the knife into the chicken, cutting almost all the way through the chicken to make a pocket. Remove knife and repeat with remaining chicken fillets. Set aside.
- Place 2 slices pepperoni side-by-side on the cutting board. Spread 1 tsp. tomato pesto onto pepperoni, top with a mozzarella strip, and top again with 2 pepperoni slices. Insert the layers into the chicken pockets. If desired, secure with a toothpick. Set aside and repeat with remaining pepperoni, mozzarella, pesto, and chicken.
- Season flour and breadcrumbs with salt and pepper, toss to mix, and make a breading station: one plate each for the seasoned flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs. Coat chicken in flour, then in egg, then in breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- In a frying pan over low heat, pour in enough oil for pan frying. Once hot, pan fry chicken until browned on all sides. Remove from oil, and place on paper towels. Slice in half and serve with garlic fried rice. Recipe originally published in the June 2014 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.