Did you know you could use your favorite softdrinks in dishes? You can, and it’s actually a fantastic ingredient to use in dishes. In this recipe, a whole chicken is simmered in a sweet and savory lemony sauce in a pot. This ensures that the chicken cooks in the sauce, infusing the chicken as it simmered. Using a whole chicken can feed your entire family in one easy step.
What’s even better than this is that buying a whole chicken is more affordable than buying the chicken already cut up into pieces. This is a great one-pot chicken recipe that you can make for your entire family.
Lemon-Lime Soda Chicken Recipe
Lemon-Lime Soda Chicken Ingredients
- 1 piece lemon
- 1 1.2 kilogram whole chicken
- 3 stalks Lemongrass
- 1 head Garlic crushed
- 1/4 Cup oyster sauce
- 500 ml lemon-lime soda or club soda
- Salt as needed and to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the lemon in half. Rub salt all over the chicken using one half of the lemon. Put the whole chicken in a deep pot, squeeze the two halves of lemon over the chicken. Insert the lemon halves in the cavity together with the lemongrass and half of the garlic.
- Pour oyster sauce and lemon-lime soda all over the chicken. Add the remaining garlic into the pot and season the chicken and the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the pot, and cook over medium heat for 50 to 60 minutes. Turn the chicken over halfway through cooking to ensure even coloring.
- When chicken is cooked through, remove the chicken and cut up into serving pieces. Place onto a serving dish and pour sauce on top.