This chicken roll recipe uses lots of spices and seasoning to flavor the pan-seared chicken. Wrap the chicken filling up with cheese, greens, and beans in a whole-wheat tortilla and deep-fry until crispy.
Baon-Friendly Pan-Seared Chicken Rolls Recipe
Baon-Friendly Pan-Seared Chicken Rolls Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 150-gram Chicken (use fillets), chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 Cup spinach leaves packed, chopped
- 1 420-gram can Corn kernels drained
- 1 425-gram can canned salted black beans (tausi) drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 to 8 large Whole-Wheat Tortillas
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- ranch dressing to serve
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion, garlic, and red bell pepper until softened.
- Add chicken breast fillets; cook for about 3 minutes. Mix in ground cumin and cayenne powder. Add spinach,corn kernels (drained), and black beans; cook until heated through.
- Turn off heat and add Monterey Jack cheese. Scoop 4 tablespoons of the mixture each onto the center of whole-wheat tortillas. Fold sides and roll tightly. Place on a baking sheet; freeze overnight. Heat vegetable oil in a pot over medium heat. Deep-fry in batches for 15 minutes, turning halfway through. Drain on paper towels. Halve rolls diagonally. Serve with ranch dressing.