This hearty wrap is best enjoyed with mango-garlic sauce. You’ll love the sweet-savory combo for sure!
Chicken Shawarma Recipe
Chicken Shawarma Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup plain yogurt
- 1 clove Garlic chopped finely
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 300 Grams skinless chicken breast fillets sliced into 3-by-1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 6-inch tortillas warmed
- 80 Grams Cucumber peeled and sliced thinly
- 40 Grams tomatoes seeded and sliced thinly
- 5 Grams parsely finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Mango Puree
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 small clove Garlic
- Combine yogurt, garlic, pepper, salt, allspice, and lemon juice in a bowl; mix well. Add chicken and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté chicken for 10 to 12 minutes or until done. Divide into 4 portions; set aside.
- Make the vegetable filling: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Divide into 4 portions. Set aside.
- Make the mango-garlic sauce: Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- To assemble, spoon 1 portion chicken and vegetable filling on a tortilla. Drizzle mango-garlic sauce on top. Fold sides of tortilla and secure with a toothpick or wrap shawarma in foil. Repeat with remaining ingredients.