Stock your freezer with chicken siomai, a snack staple. These dainty dumplings are so simple to make and super quick to reheat.
Stock your freezer with this snack staple. These dainty dumplings are so simple to make and super quick to reheat.
- 400 Grams Chicken use ground chicken
- 100 Grams pork back fat chopped finely
- 1/2 Cup shrimp meat chopped
- 1/4 Cup canned water chestnuts chopped
- 2 tablespoons carrot chopped
- 2 tablespoons spring onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup cornstarch
- 36 pieces siomai wrapper (3 inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- carrot (diced), for garnish (optional)
- Soy Sauce to serve
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the filling thoroughly, except for the egg and cornstarch.
- Add the egg and mix well. Sprinkle cornstarch evenly on the mixture and mix well. Refrigerate the filling for 1 hour.
- Separate the siomai wrappers. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of filling in the center of each wrapper. Bring the sides of the wrapper over the mixture, pressing gently. Flatten the bottom by gently tapping each dumpling on a plate. Repeat with the remaining filling.
- Lightly brush the steamer with sesame oil. Arrange siomai in the steamer. Steam for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked. Garnish with diced carrots and green onions, if desired. Serve with soy sauce and chili-garlic sauce. Make-ahead tip: To make ahead, form the dumplings and steam for 10 minutes. Let cool then store in the freezer in a container covered tightly with plastic wrap. When ready to eat, thaw then steam for 5 minutes or until hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW