These easy chicken tacos can be topped with almost anything: cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and more! It also makes for a fun but quick weeknight meal.
Chicken Tacos Recipe
Chicken Tacos Ingredients
- 2 chicken breast fillets skin on, flattened
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled, finely chopped
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 6 Small tortillas warmed
- 1 small head Iceberg lettuce shredded
- 2 Salad Tomatoes cored, sliced thinly
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded, sliced thinly
- 1 large yellow bell pepper seeded, sliced thinly
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne. Blend olive oil, garlic, yogurt, salt, and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry chicken on both sides until cooked through. Remove from pan, and set aside to rest 5 minutes. Slice. Heat tortillas on a dry frying pan over medium heat on both sides. Transfer to a plate and cover with a kitchen towel to keep warm. To serve, layer lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, and chicken. Drizzle with dressing. Recipe originally published in the May 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.