Make your regular breakfast omelet extra hefty with this chicken torta recipe. Chop up frozen French fries for a speedier version of this torta recipe.
Chicken Torta Recipe
Chicken Torta Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 2 large Potatoes about 4 cups, peeled, cubed
- 1 red onion peeled, sliced thinly
- 2 cups Chicken leftover, cubed
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded, cut into strips
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 Cup fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves roughly chopped
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to broil on 400?F.
- Heat oil in an 8-inch cast iron pan over medium heat, brushing oil up to the lip of the pan. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and softened. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste; stir. Add onion and cook, stirring until translucent. Toss in chicken and red bell pepper, and cook until heated through.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs, milk, curry powder, and 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, or to taste, in a medium bowl. Pour into pan. Stir slightly to distribute through potatoes and chicken mixture. Cook until sides begin to set.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then place in the broiler and broil until top is set and edges begin to pull away from the sides. Remove from oven, and slice into wedges. Serve while hot. Recipe originally published in the August 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.