This one-pot chicken dish gets a spicy zing with cumin and turmeric.
Chicken Rice and Beans Recipe
Chicken Rice and Beans Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 Cup rice uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 500 Grams Chicken (use quarter chicken legs), cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 Cup Munggo (Mung Beans) cooked
- 1/2 Cup black beans (tausi) rinsed, drained
- 1/2 Cup garbanzo beans rinsed, drained
- 1/4 Cup raisins
- In a medium stockpot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic, and cook until softened. Add rice and stir to coat. Sprinkle in herbs and spices, and stir in beans and raisins. Cook until fragrant.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Transfer to a rice cooker. Season chicken pieces with salt and ground black pepper before placing on top of rice. Cover and cook as per rice cooker instructions.
- Once done, fluff up rice. Pierce chicken to check for doneness. To serve, transfer rice to a platter and top with steamed chicken.