Churning out healthy dishes only takes a bit of effort. This healthy salad is easy to throw together and makes for a protein-packed side dish.
Chickpea Veggie Salad Recipe
Chickpea Veggie Salad Ingredients
- 1 pack (125-gram) plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Cup fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup red bell peppers (roasted), sliced into strips
- 1 large shallots (sibuyas Tagalog) sliced into strips
- 2 cans (450-gram) chickpeas (garbanzos) outer skin removed
- basil leaves
- 1/4 Cup feta cheese crumbled
- Mix 1 pack plain yogurt, ground cumin, ground turmeric, salt, and pepper. Add cauliflower florets. Chill for 15 minutes; drain.
- Place cauliflower on a heatproof dish. Roast in a turbo broiler or oven preheated to 350°F for 15 minutes or until tops are brown; set aside.
- Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add sliced sun-dried or fresh tomatoes, roasted red bell peppers and sliced shallot; set aside.
- Drain chickpeas. Heat chickpeas in a nonstick pan for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chickpeas to bowl, leaving ¼ cup in pan. Mash chickpeas in pan then add to bowl. Add cauliflower and a handful of basil leaves; toss. Top with feta cheese.