This pork adobo recipe is saucy and spicy! Like it dry? Remove pork pieces in Step 3 after simmering and drain sauce from pot, reserving just enough oil to fry the pork. Serve sauce on the side if desired.
5 Secrets to Tasty Adobo Posted in: Cooking
Chili-Garlic Adobo Recipe
This pork adobo recipe is saucy and spicy!
Chili-Garlic Adobo Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled, finely chopped
- 1 kilogram pork pigue cubed
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar
- 5 cloves Garlic peeled, lightly smashed
- 3 cups water or as needed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- black pepper to taste
- In a medium-size pressure cooker over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic, and saute only until fragrant.
- Add pork cubes, soy sauce, vinegar, smashed garlic, and just enough water to cover. Season with ground black pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Remove scum that rises to the surface. Cover, then lock lid. Simmer for 20 minutes or until pork is just tender, taking care to release pressure of pot before opening.
- Once pork is just tender, stir in chili-garlic sauce, then bring to a simmer without a lid. Simmer until liquid reduced into a sauce. Serve with steamed rice and snow peas. Recipe originally published in the April 2016 issue of Good Housekeeping.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW