These pork meatballs are, in essence, siomai without the wrapper. Yum! The flavorful broth will give them lots of flavor.
Chinese Meatballs Recipe
Chinese Meatballs Ingredients
- 2 cups water
- 1 cube pork bouillon
- 1/4 kilo ground pork
- 1 Small carrot peeled, finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup green onions chopped
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- In a small stockpot over medium heat, heat water with bouillon cube.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix ground pork, carrot, garlic, green onions, egg, and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Test a portion, and adjust seasoning. Use a spoon to drop meatballs into the simmering broth until cooked. Scoop out using a slotted spoon.
- Mix lemon, soy sauce, sugar, and cilantro. Serve with meatballs and broth. Recipe originally published in the June 2017 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.