There’s nothing quicker and easier than a stir-fry. This tasty noodle dish is graced by the flavors of earthy mushrooms.
Chinese Noodle Stir-Fry Recipe
Chinese Noodle Stir-Fry Ingredients
- 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt or totaste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 Cup water or stock
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce Optional
- 1 Cup canned straw mushrooms drained well
- 200 Grams egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon Oil for frying
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped
- Make the sauce: Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside until ready to use.
- Briefly rinse straw mushrooms. Depending on the size or your liking, halve or quarter each. Set aside.
- In a wok, bring about 4 cups of water to a boil. Blanch noodles in the boiling water over high heat until just soft, roughly 30 seconds to one minute. Immediately transfer the noodles to a colander and rinse them under running cold water. Shake and turn the noodles in the colander a couple of times to get rid of excess water. Drain.
- Discard water in wok and wipe dry. Heat oil over medium heat, sauté garlic, toss in straw mushrooms, and stir-fry until lightly brown, about 30 seconds to one minute. Sprinkle wine on the side of the wok and give it a few quick stirs.
- Pour prepared sauce in the center of the wok. Bring it to a simmer, then pour in noodles. Toss to combine. You need to constantly flip and mix to avoid sticking to the wok, making sure the noodles are evenly coated with the sauce. Add chives and give it a quick toss. Serve immediately.