Love Asian-style spareribs? Steaming is one of the quickest and easiest ways to prepare a meal. Try this technique with this Chinese food staple.
Chinese Steamed Pork Spareribs with Tausi Recipe
Chinese Steamed Pork Spareribs with Tausi Ingredients
- 700 Grams pork spareribs
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce drained well
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger grated
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 Cup shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- steamed white rice to serve
- Leeks thinly sliced, for garnish
- Cut spareribs crosswise into 1- to 2-inch sections. Combine pork with the rest of the ingredients. Transfer spareribs and sauce into a shallow, heatproof pan that will fit inside your steamer rack (a pie plate or 9-inch cake pan works great). Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Set a steamer rack on the wok and fill wok with water just below the rack. Turn heat to high and let water boil. When water is boiling, turn heat down to medium-high. Set pan with spareribs on top of the steamer rack on the wok. Steam over medium-high heat for 18 to 20 minutes or until ribs are no longer pink. Check the water level when steaming. Replenish with additional water, if needed.
- Place pork on top of bowls of steamed white rice. Garnish with thinly sliced leeks, if desired.