The popcorn balls are covered in chocolate to up the indulgence level! The freshly popped corn is tossed with a caramel mixture then dipped into a mixture of peanut butter and chocolate chips—making it a happy treat for the kids and kids-at-heart!
Choco-Peanut Popcorn Balls Recipe
Choco-Peanut Popcorn Balls Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 Cup condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup peanut butter
- 1 Cup peanut butter chips
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- Prepare popping corn kernels according to package directions.
- While corn kernels are popping, prepare the peanut butter mixture: Mix together brown sugar, corn syrup, unsalted butter and condensed milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until well combined and sugar has completely dissolved into a syrup. Remove from heat then add in vanilla and peanut butter.
- Let cool until warm to touch then pour mixture over popped corn, tossing mixture well until thoroughly combined.
- Form popcorn into large balls then set aside to chill in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dipping chocolate: Mix together all ingredients over a double boiler or in a small mixing bowl set over boiling water.
- Dip a lollipop stick into the dipping chocolate then pierce it halfway through the chocolate balls. Use your hands to pack the popcorn into a solid ball and allow it to attach to the lollipop stick. Chill for at least 15 minutes to harden.
- When balls are solid, dip them halfway into the dipping chocolate then set over a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Chill until chocolate sets before serving.