Are chunky chocolate chip cookies your favorite? These huge cookies are meant to be eaten fresh out of the oven! Zap any leftovers in the microwave for 10 seconds and make sure to consume them immediately.
Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- 1 Cup unsalted butter cubed and thawed for 15 minutes before starting
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 pieces Egg
- 1 yolks from Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup walnuts toasted, cooled, and chopped
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add eggs and egg yolk one at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add vanilla. Beat for 2 more minutes.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix on low speed just until flour is absorbed. Fold in chocolate and walnuts using a spatula.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop out 12 (1/2-cup) portions from the dough. Place in a single layer in a freezer-friendly container; cover. Freeze for 6 to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place dough balls on the pan, spacing them about 2 to 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes (see tip). Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.