This brown butter chocolate chip cookie recipe is a light twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie because it calls for brown butter, which adds a nice nutty flavor to the treat. If you love nuts and different kinds of chocolate in your cookies, go ahead and add your favorite ones to the batter to make your dream cookie.
WATCH: How to Make Brown Butter Polvoron Posted in: Cooking
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
This brown butter chocolate chip cookie recipe is a light twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie.
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until butter changes color from yellow to light brown and releases a nutty aroma. Strain butter and set aside to cool, about 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until combined. Add dry ingredients slowly and beat on low speed just until combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer cookie dough into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease baking sheets or line them with parchment paper. Take 2 tablespoons of cookie dough and form into a ball. Place on baking sheet and flatten slightly. Repeat to make 23 more pieces. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheets for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW