This chocolate cookie recipe is perfect for the Christmas season. Spread the holiday spirit by dusting confectioners’ sugar over dark chocolate sugar cookies!
Chocolate Christmas Cookies Recipe
Chocolate Christmas Cookies Ingredients
- 1 Cup Butter softened
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 piece Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract. In another bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, Dutch-processed cocoa powder, and regular cocoa powder.
- Slowly add dry mixture to wet ingredients until dough is formed.
- Place dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll out until 1/4 inch thick. Cut dough with a 3-inch round cutter, and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until fi rm. Let cool on a wire rack. Place stencil on top and use a fine-meshed sieve to dust with confectioners’ sugar. Carefully lift stencil and shake off excess sugar.