Spend a weekend afternoon baking these heart-shaped treats for your loved ones. Dipping them in melted dark chocolate makes these treats extra decadent.
- Flour for dusting
- 1 pack (378-gram) puff pastry
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Table Spoon ground cinnamon
- 350 Grams Bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Lightly dust a clean work surface with flour. Using a rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry into a 12x12-inch square, about 1/4-inch thick. Dust the puff pastry with some flour.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle on both sides of the puff pastry.
- Fold the bottom edge of the pastry inward until it reaches the middle part. Repeat with the top edge until both edges meet in the middle. Fold in half to close the pastry.
- Slice pastry into 1/2-inch-thick strips and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler. Dip cooled palmiers one at a time and return to the rack. Let chocolate set before serving.