This dessert combined a luscious chocolate cake with an ice cream layer. Add chunky nuts and mallows to make it a rocky road ice cream cake!
Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Chocolate Ice Cream Cake Ingredients
- 1/4 Cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups All-purpose cream Chilled
- 4 cups ice cream rocky road
- 1/4 Cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup walnuts
- Make the chocolate cake: Grease and flour a 7-inch springform pan. Line sides with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cocoa powder and hot water until well combined. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until pale and fluffy, at least 5 minutes. Add egg and egg yolk one at a time, beating well and scraping after each addition. Add vanilla extract and mix until combined. At low speed, add dry ingredients alternately with cocoa mixture, starting with dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cake cool in the pan on a wire rack, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Make the ice cream layer: Whip cream until fluffy and stiff peaks form.
- Spread ice cream on top of cake layer. Top with chocolate chips, marshmallows, and walnuts. Spread whipped cream on top of ice cream. Make small peaks on the surface with the back of a spoon, if desired.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours before unmolding, slicing, and serving.