Make your chop suey recipe more savory and packed with umami by adding chicken chunks and more flavorful with slices of sweet longganisa and celery. This is home cooking at its best when you play around with a basic recipe like a simple chop suey recipe and make it your own by tweaking the ingredients.
Chop Suey with Chicken Recipe
Chop Suey with Chicken Ingredients
- 1 kilogram` Chicken cut into pieces
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium white onions sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 3 pieces longganisa (macau), sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
- 1 Cup water
- 2 medium carrots sliced into half moons
- 300 Grams cauliflower florets separated
- 100 Grams celery sliced into matchsticks
- 200 Grams green beans (abitsuelas) sliced diagonally
- 100 Grams snow peas (chicharo)
- 100 Grams young corn sliced
- 300 Grams Chinese cabbage (pechay Baguio) sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add longganisang Macau and sauté for 1 minute. Add chicken and marinade. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, cauliflower, celery, green beans, snow peas, and young corn. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add pechay Baguio. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add dissolved cornstarch and simmer until sauce is thick. Serve hot.