Try this new cinnamon bun recipe—the potatoes make the dough amazingly moist and tender!
Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 1 Cup Potatoes mashed
- 1 Cup water reserved from boiling the potatoes
- 3/4 Cup Butter
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 Cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 Cup warm water
- 2 eggs
- 8 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or more if needed, divided
- 1/2 Cup Butter softened
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup walnuts chopped
- 1 Cup Powdered SUgar
- 6 tablespoons Butter softened
- 1/2 Cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons milk or more, as needed
- Combine potatoes, potato water, butter, sugar, salt, and hot water in large mixing bowl. Stir until butter melts; set aside and let cool.
- In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, combine yeast and warm water. Let rest for 5 minutes. Add eggs, 2 cups flour, and potato mixture to the yeast mixture. At medium speed, beat until well-mixed. Continue adding flour, 1 cup at a time, until a smooth, elastic dough forms, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise in a warm, draft-free area for about 1 hour or until double in size. Punch dough down; divide into two portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough and form a 12x18-inch rectangle. Spread with ¼ cup butter or margarine. Sprinkle half of the sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts on top. Roll up tightly lengthwise, sealing edges. Cut into 12 slices. Place in a greased 13x9-inch pan. Repeat with remaining dough; cover. Let rise for 30 to 45 minutes or until nearly double in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350?F.
- Bake rolls for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove rolls from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Make the frosting: Combine all ingredients. Drizzle over rolls.