Amp up your regular baked chicken by including a few slices of your favorite citrus fruits in the roasting tin. Baking chicken with citrus slices ups the flavor and aroma—yum!
Citrus Baked Chicken Recipe
Baking chicken with citrus slices ups the flavor and aroma—yum!
Citrus Baked Chicken Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 4 chicken leg quarters separated
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- In bowl, whisk juices, honey, olive oil, garlic, onion, chili powders, salt, and ground black pepper until mixed well. Set aside.
- Arrange orange, lemon, onion slices, and chicken pieces in a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Pour oil mixture over the chicken and citrus slices.
- Place in oven and bake 30-40 minutes or until chicken juices are clear when pierced. Recipe originally published in the April 2015 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW