Asparagus and peas add a boost of folic acid, fiber, and vitamins B and K to this seafood dish. Make it even more wholesome by opting for whole-wheat noodles.
Creamy Clam Linguine Recipe
Creamy Clam Linguine Ingredients
- 300 Grams clams
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine
- lemon zest
- 15 spears asparagus cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/2 Cup green peas
- 1 Cup All-purpose cream
- 300 Grams linguine noodles cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 Cup flat-leaf parsley sliced thinly into strips
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup parmesan cheese
- Soak fresh clams in water for 15 to 20 minutes to remove sand inside the shells.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan. Sauté onions and garlic until fragrant but not browned. Add clams and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add white wine. Cover pan and simmer over medium-low heat until clams open and white wine is reduced to half. Discard shells that don t open.
- Add lemon zest and juice, asparagus, and green peas. Simmer for about 1 minute. Turn off heat and add cream. Add cooked linguine and chopped herbs. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Top with grated cheese before serving.