Roast beef is a classic party food favorite. Make your hearty roast juicier and more mouthwatering by covering it with luscious compound butter! Enjoy this beef recipe with a side of mashed potato or buttered vegetables!
Classic Roast Beef Recipe
Classic Roast Beef Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup Butter slightly softened
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 medium shallots (sibuyas Tagalog) minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley sprigs finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli (florets), sliced in half
- 5 t pieces Potatoes sliced into wedges
- olive oil for drizzling
- Salt to season
- 1 kilo Beef (use tenderloin cut), fat and silver skin trimmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons iodized salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- bottled horseradish to serve (optional)
- Make the compound butter: mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the roasted vegetables: place broccoli florets and potatoes in separate baking dishes. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- Make the roast beef: preheat oven to 300°F. (Make sure beef is thawed well before starting with the recipe.) Tie beef using kitchen twine, making the shape as even as possible.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper all over beef. Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. (Wrap with plastic wrap, if desired.)
- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, and sear tied beef on all sides. Place seared beef on top of a baking rack set on top of a baking pan.
- Roast beef in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 125 to 130°F. Remove roast from the oven.
- Increase heat to 350°F. Roast broccoli for 15 minutes and potatoes for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, spread compound butter all over the exterior of the roast beef; cover loosely with foil. Let roast rest for 20 minutes. Remove twine and slice into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place roast beef on a serving platter. Arrange vegetables around beef. Serve immediately with horseradish and mustard, if desired.