Chicken soup is always a comforting dish. Add veggies such as carrots, celery, and chickpeas to make it more hefty.
WATCH: How to Make Tinola (Chicken Soup) Posted in: Cooking
Clear Chicken Soup Recipe
Comfort food in a bowl!
Clear Chicken Soup Ingredients
- 500 Grams Chicken combination of bones and meat
- 1 medium carrot cubed
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 white onion quartered
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 Cup whole corn kernels
- 1/2 Cup Canned Chickpeas
- fresh parsley leaves to serve
- parmesan cheese grated, to serve
- Combine chicken soup pack (bones and meat), carrot, celery, onion, garlic, salt, black peppercorns, and water in a pot over medium-low heat.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer for 1½ to 2 hours, skimming off impurities that rise to the top. Let chicken cool then shred meat using a fork. Chop boiled carrots into smaller pieces. Add chicken, carrots, whole corn kernels, and canned chickpeas to the soup base. Simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and top with parsley leaves and grated Parmesan cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
CONTINUE READING BELOW