Do something different with your shrimp dish! This seafood recipe uses desiccated coconut for the breading: it’s light, crunchy, and delicious!It will give your shrimp a unique texture and a tropical flavor.
Coconut Shrimp Popcorn Recipe
Coconut Shrimp Popcorn Ingredients
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup beer
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- vegetable oil to deep-fry
- 21 to 25 large Shrimp peeled and deveined, with heads left on
- 1 1/2 cups coconut (buko) dessicated
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1/4 Cup mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- Combine flour, beer, and salt in a bowl. Let mixture stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Make the dipping sauce: Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- Heat oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pan. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Dip shrimp in beer batter then dredge in desiccated coconut. Deep-fry shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes or just until batter is crispy. Do this in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Drain shrimp on a wire rack.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce on the side.