Use seafood for quick meals—they cook in no time and can be bought scaled, gutted, shelled, and deveined. Shrimp, fish, and squid are great canvases for flavor, too! This seafood stew is earthy and creamy from the coconut.
Coconut Shrimp Stew Recipe
Coconut Shrimp Stew Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 500 Grams Shrimp medium-sized, peeled, and deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Small red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 Small green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 Cup coconut milk (gata)
- Salt to taste
- Soy Sauce to taste
- Make the jerk seasoning: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Sprinkle shrimps with 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and bell peppers until soft.
- Add shrimps and cook for about 2 minutes. Once shrimps change color, turn them over and add coconut milk. Lower heat and simmer until shrimps are cooked through. Season with salt and dark soy sauce.
- Sprinkle with more jerk seasoning before serving.